[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Apr 13 18:16:45 EDT 2003

James Sumners wrote:
> I think your mail client is borked. When I click 'reply to all' in
> Sylpheed the email is automatically setup to reply back to the list
> and carbon copy the original poster.

As I've stated before.  It is not 'borked.'  The RFC's state that the
purpose of the reply-to header is to send reply email to INSTEAD of the
from header.  If you select reply to all, it still should not send the
email to the from address, because the purpose of the reply-to is to
redirect the email away from the from address header.  Therefore, it is
your email client that is 'borked.' :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...