[ale] large file xfer challenges

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Sun Apr 13 08:08:55 EDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 04:08:51AM -0400, aaron wrote:
> If the receiving end was a *nix box I would just "cat prt1 prt2 >bigfile" to
> stitch the pieces back together. Can anyone tell me if there is a "cat"
> equivalent in winblows or Me$sy dos for this??

IIRC, a DOS "copy Part1 + Part2 + Part3 Bigfile" will do the trick.

> Also, when I burn the CD's, I can't remember whether I need the Joliet or
> Rockridge extensions (or both) to have the CD files read on a winblows 2000
> or eXcrement Pile system. ?

Actually, plain ole' ISO 9660 is fine.  Joliet (for Windows) and Rockridge
(for legacy UNIX) extensions just provide for filenames beyond the 8.3
singular-case (e.g., "MICROS~1.TXT").  Probably not an issue when there's
one file per CD. ;-)