[ale] large file xfer challenges

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun Apr 13 04:08:51 EDT 2003

I need to xfer a couple large binary files - ~1.1gig - to multiple CD Roms so
I can deliver them to an M$ winblows machine.

"split" will let me chop the files into a couple pieces that will fit on a CD.
If the receiving end was a *nix box I would just "cat prt1 prt2 >bigfile" to
stitch the pieces back together. Can anyone tell me if there is a "cat"
equivalent in winblows or Me$sy dos for this??

Also, when I burn the CD's, I can't remember whether I need the Joliet or
Rockridge extensions (or both) to have the CD files read on a winblows 2000
or eXcrement Pile system. ?

help appreciated!
peace
aaron