[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat Apr 12 14:52:42 EDT 2003

Keep it how it is. The list (and it's archives) are more important than the
ability to have conversations off list.
In the past, I believe that reply to all would paste the ale at ale.org AND the
sender so that I could simply remove the ale's address.

Unfortunately, I think you will get more people speaking up for the change
than the preservation, only because it is a more important issue for the
minority that needs the change. I believe that archived voting on this issue
showed that the current method was preferred over the change.

Had the system been changed to what is proposed, half of those votes would
have ended up in private email boxes.

Drew

On Sat April 12 2003 07:48, Geoffrey wrote:
> Based on feedback I've received, it appears to me that the configuration
> of the mail list should be changed so that replies to posted messages
> should default to the poster.  It is my understanding that replying to
> all, will go to both the list and the poster in this type of configuration.
>
> I'd like to hear further comments before making any changes though.  As
> in most democratic societies, top vote counts will win.  Bring it on...

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com