[ale] OT: Web page conversion.

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Wed Apr 9 20:43:48 EDT 2003

1) You should considering using Mozilla as your development browser and then
taking a look at the page with other browsers once you have everything layed
out. Mozilla is, for the most part, standards compliant and anything that
renders properly with it _should_ render well with other browsers.

2) Instead of using the 'button' element try '<input type="submit"
value="Submit">'. I bet you will have an appropriate button.

On 09 Apr 2003 14:20:20 -0400
Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> About 2 weeks ago I discussed the need to convert my html documents to
> something that would play nicer with Konqueror and Netscrape.  I did
> much of the development with IE6 but on Linux, I use Konqueror
>

> 2 Screen shots:
>
> http://66.23.198.2/7/
>
> Web page that generates these screens:
>
> http://66.23.198.2/7/buff.html
>
> How can I make these 2 look the same?  Do I need to go to a 4.01
> standard?  Can someone give me some pointers on converting this code?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted.

Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
CH:D 59