[ale] x prob.

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 8 11:01:52 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:39:58AM -0400, Drag0n wrote:
> Don't forget to type xhost + on the local X display to allow the remote
> app.

Ssh uses xauth for X authentication, which is entirely separate from
xhost authentication.  You don't need to use xhost, and you probably
don't want to.  If you can only run remote apps by using xhost +, then
you're X apps are not being forwarded over the encrypted channel.  Which
means anyone with sufficient knowledge can sniff your keystrokes, view
your apps, hijack your session, and other nasty things.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9