[ale] Help needed for a Non-Profit project - if not Linux thenwill go Windows

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Apr 5 23:47:41 EST 2003

I'd like to help, but will be out of town.

One note, I'd be interested in knowing how anyone plans to lock you out
of the command line with win98.  If you've got a browser, you fire up
command.com and you've got a dos window.

I've done something very similar to what you're looking for though.  Had
a slide show fire up from boot for my wife during conference week.  It's
pretty straight forward, you call startx from rc as the last thing to
run. In the .xinitrc file it simply called the browser passing to it the
location of the slideshow.  Worked like a champ.

If you're still looking for assistance late next week I'll be back in
town, let me know.

Sorry, I would have loved to get involved on this one.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...