[ale] VNC

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Thu Apr 3 23:03:30 EST 2003

I'll second that, installing Oracle 8 and up over X is completely doable.. VNC is another issue entirely, as VNC really lacks in it's ability to display java applications and, the installer for 8 and up is written in swing. (why is it that remote viewing apps have so much trouble with java? it seems to be a recurring theme)

I have sucessfully done an install over X from 1500 miles away, with only someone to swap the CD at the actual machine. Took forever but, not as much time as flying in to do it would have. :)

-g