[ale] Why isn't kmail sending a recipient command?

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 30 16:50:33 EDT 2002

I just switched last week from using evolution to using kmail.  I've
been using kmail at home for aquite a while.  Today, it stopped
working.  Our MSexchange server complains that it is not sending the
"Rcpt" command--i.e. it isn't specifying the recipient of the mail.

I've looked at the protocol, and MSexchange appears correct.  kmail send
the "EHLO" command, then the "FROM" command, then the "DATA" command, at
which point MSexchange barfs.

The IT people claim there have been no changes since Tuesday, I claim I
have sent a lot of mail since them, but somehow, I have been unable to
send mail with kmail since I rebooted this morning.

Has anyone heard of this?  Clues greatly desired.

Michael (using evolution, again.  Sigh.)