[ale] Servlets Vs. Perl

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Mon Sep 30 11:38:03 EDT 2002

I do both.

Java forces you to be object oriented.  There are bunches of free
objects out there that let you do most anything you want.  Developing
java web pages can take as much as 10 times longer than perl/cgi.

If I had my 'druthers, I'd stick to cgi, but we're committed to java so
I guess that's the way I'll go.  8(

Factoid:  j2ee is the best example of an antonym for KISS that exists
currently in the known universe.

Jim.