[ale] One of Microsoft's first 10 employees is dead.

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Fri Sep 27 09:20:00 EDT 2002

Bob Wallace, the guy at back row center in that famous old Microsoft
group picture  ( http://www.anetek.com/Microsoft1978.jpg ), is dead at
53. He worked at Microsoft from 1978 until 1983, then left to found
QuickSoft, a company which pioneered the concept of shareware with a
word-processor called PC-Write.  The NYT had a good obit of him.

I'm a Raving Libertarian, but after reading the obit I had to respect
him for both his skillz and his serious attempts to live out his ideas.

"My philosophy is that I want to make a living, not a killing".

-- CHS