[ale] Can I identify the country of origin?

Denny Chambers dchambers at snapserver.com
Wed Sep 25 11:16:38 EDT 2002

I am working on an app right now that does this. We are using java
servlets which makes this real easy. There are three methods
ServletRequest.getLocale(), ServletRequest.getLocales() and
ServletResponse.setLocale(). Which every programming language you use,
what you want to look for is the HTTP header "Accept-Language". This can
actually be more than one language. There are ordered by the users
preference. While this will not guarantee what contry to user is from,
it will give you an idea what language he/she would like to see.

HTH,
Denny