[ale] suse? or slack?

George Johnson gljay at netzero.net
Mon Sep 23 23:06:39 EDT 2002

I too have both running.  I do like the Slack as it is easy to configure so
far.  I downloaded the driver for my Nvidia Geforce 3 card from the Nvidia
site and followed the instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly.
SuSE gave me hell and I still have not installed it correctly.  I started
with the rpm install files with SuSE but am starting to like tarballs more
and more.

Also where as Yast has been ok for me I have noticed that it did not
correctly install my SCSI scanner AT3 and I finally got someone to assist me
at the last install fest to practically write the conf file that Yast should
have written but did not for some reason.  There must be a bug in it.

GJ