[ale] Remote X - $ xhost: unable to open display ""

Andrew Grimmke grimmke at directvinternet.com
Sat Sep 21 14:57:36 EDT 2002

Thanks Michael,

That worked.  I open a native X display, then I can telnet in and and
run an xterm on the local server and start x apps from that xterm.  How
do I run a window manager?  when I try to run a window manager from the
command line, it tells me there can't be more than one (the remote
computer is on and running Gnome/Sawfish).

Thanks again,

Andrew