[ale] upgrading to Gnome 2.0.2

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 20 07:46:16 EDT 2002

On Friday 20 September 2002 07:32 am, John Wells wrote:
> I have a redhat 7.3 box that I'd like to upgrade to Gnome 2.  What's the
> best approach to this?  Looking for suggestions/caveats/etc (as I've heard
> there are a number of pitfalls along the way) from folks who've been there
> already.

I don't know about all of the pitfalls, but Ximian has a full set of RPM's for
Gnome 2.0 at:

ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/gnome-2-snapshot/redhat-73-i386

I am running two versions of gtk+, since the stable Gimp isn't converted to
2.0 yet. So, there is no problem in maintaining both versions of the tool
kit. I haven't seen any pitfalls, because my Gnome installation is just
enough to support Gimp and Gkrellm. Otherwise, I run KDE.