[ale] Cups and SMB

Eric Anderson eric.anderson at cordata.net
Thu Sep 19 10:19:25 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 06:58, cfowler wrote:
> The last option I see is USB printer.  Guess we have different versions.

Try creating a symlink in the CUPS backend directory called smb to the
smbspool binary. The following command worked on my system, but you may
have to modify it to fit your filesystem layout.

ln -s /usr/bin/smbspool /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb

Haven't looked into CUPS enough to know why this works, but I found it
on some website, and it seems to work for me.

--
Eric Anderson