[ale] more on RedHat's Null desktop -- vent mode!

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Tue Sep 17 15:03:32 EDT 2002

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 02:52:31PM -0400, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> I bang my head against this sort of thing damn near daily on this RH
> Linux box.  Today, it's trying to pull pix from a digital camera.
> The Linux box can clearly see the camera on the USB port. (Using the
> KDE GUI to look at USB devices, I see the following:
>
> But I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the pix.

That's because there's no standard that USB cameras use to transfer
pictures.  Some appear as a regular bulk filesystem (and are probably
automounted!) but most still need special drivers.

RedHat can't do the job of every single hardware manufacturer.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344

 PGP signature