[ale] [OT]: Programming Best Practices

Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} JEROME.DENNANY at ROCHE.COM
Tue Sep 17 14:46:51 EDT 2002

My $.02 :

You could try "Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction" by Steve McConnell. ISBN 1556154844
It was written in 1993, so it's a bit dated, but still an outstanding reference.  I really think this book is a 'must read'.

Also good by McConnell: Rapid Development.
This is more related to project management, but it's really a good collection of 'uncommonly common-sense'.

Both are available at www.bookpool.com for a decent discount.

Remember:  Free advice is worth what you paid for it!

Respectfully,

Jerry Dennany