[ale] Why is X sleeping?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Sep 17 09:40:34 EDT 2002

Robert L. Harris wrote:

>   I've been messing with my X desktop, playing with E and sawfish,
> looking for a better, faster desktop :>

I've been using E for quite a while.  It's slick, but don't expect a
faster desktop.  I'd say it's probably the slowest wm I've seen, but
then it's got a lot of bells and whistles.  You highly configurable, so
you can turn off a lot of the stuff that affects the speed, but then you
might as well run sawfish. :)  Things like windows sliding in and such.
  I immediately turned off tooltips.  It doesn't slow things down, just
those 'clouds' seemed to get in my way.

Can't help you with the rest of this stuff below, sorry.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net