[ale] OT: Athlon XP temps

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Sep 16 09:20:11 EDT 2002

Danny,

I think it's a tad high too.  Although Gigabyte boards reportedly read
temps a little higher than others (thermistor closer to the die), it's
still far from an accurate representation of core temp.

AMDs site says differences in motherboard readings and core temps can vary
by 30 degrees.  If this was truly happening in my situation, I'd be in
critical temps under load.  Still, even at core = +20-25 I'm running at 75
to 80C.  The 2200 is rated only to 85C.  What worries me is this has to
decrease the life of the processor.

How long have your boxes been running at those temps? Any problems?

Thanks,
John