[ale] Apple cinema displays

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 13 10:02:44 EDT 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 11:27 pm, Ryan wrote:
> Anyone know if the Apple Cinema Displays will work with Linux? The
> 22" display is extremely nice, and quit easy on the eyes. My
> GeForce II has a DVI connector, but not sure if it uses the same
> type. Anyone seem any docs on integrating the two?

I was told by an Apple savy salesman that the short answer is yes.
BUT,
you need to make sure that your video card can produce the the
needed screen resolution;
you will need a $150 adaptor package that includes a power supply
as the monitor is set up to draw its power straight from the
computer.

Sean