[ale] ddclient

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Tue Sep 10 18:20:59 EDT 2002

Klepinger, Aaron wrote:
> any idea what i could be doing wrong with the ddclient.conf file below?  it
> doesn't work.  it gives me the error that it can't find my IP address.
> http://burry.ca:4141/ddclient/
>
> also, i am using the following syntax to update my zoneedit dynamic dns
> (using cron job) and it works fine:
> lynx -source -auth=username:password
> 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=www.mydomain.com,domain.
> com'
>
> i'd like to use the client, though, so i don't have to use cron every 5
> minutes.

How about stripping the comments from that file and resending it.  There is some bad wrap around from your mailer, and I can't tell if that is causing your problem or not.

Also, how are you expecting ddclient to find you addr?

You should usually have one of these three lines uncommented
#use=ip,                     ip=127.0.0.1	# via static IP's
#use=if,                     if=eth0		# via interfaces
#use=web

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith