[ale] OT Re: [ale] Microsoft now favors fair competition

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Mon Sep 9 10:37:37 EDT 2002

Oh now.  I hate to jump into this, but Microsoft Press has published
some fine books on the practice of programming. I recommend Steve
Maguire's _Writing_Solid_Code_ (ISBN: 1556155514) and
Steve McConnell's _Code_Complete_ (ISBN: 1556154844) to anyone who
writes code for others to use. They're both filled with real-world
advice which really works, and they're inspiring to boot. They're also
platform-neutral, although they're biased heavily toward C and C++. This
is a product of the time they were written, rather than any particular
evil Corporate Conspiracy.

-- CHS (Linux zealot)

On Sun, 2002-09-08 at 21:27, Geoffrey wrote:

> Joe Bayes wrote:
> > Geoffrey typeth:
> >

> >>You may find it humorous, I do not.  Your comments such as these belie
> >>that I see you as a M$ sympathizer.  Hardly, but anyone who has anything
> >>good to say about M$ is poorly informed, or worse, too much like M$.

<<snip>>