[ale] Microsoft now favors fair competition

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 5 13:06:40 EDT 2002

The New York Times has an article today on the growing number of governments
around the world that are adopting, or even mandating, the use of free, open
source software. As a response to this phenomenon, Microsoft has created the
Inititative for Software Choice to speak up for greater competition (irony of
ironies). Here is a quote from Peter Houston of the Initiative for Software
Choice:

"All we're looking for is a level playing field competitively."

I won't comment on that. But the article is excellent and can be found here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/05/technology/05CODE.html

Free registration required, along with a DNA sample (just kidding).