[ale] Monitoring the serial port

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Wed Sep 4 15:14:33 EDT 2002

	in 'kermit', say 'log session whatIsee.log'. anything you type and
whatever spits back will be logged into whatIsee.log on your end of the
serial connection.

 On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, John C wrote:

#Does anyone know of a way to capture serial port output of a device onto a
#Linux system and log everyting it sees to a file?
#
#What I am trying to do is connect to a router that spits diagnostic messages
#through the serial port, and archive whatever I see.
#
#
#I was thinking about using a combination of cu and ttysnoop.... Is this the
#best way to go at it?
#
#
#
#---
#This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-487-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com