[ale] Swithcing to WindowMaker

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Sep 3 10:31:47 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 09:24, Matthew Brown wrote:
> I installed WindowMaker, but I can't figure out how to switch to it from
> Sawfish.  I ran wmaker.inst, and it says it has switched over, but when
> I restart X, it is still using Sawfish.  (Looking at "ps ax" output
> shows sawfish running, and no wmaker.)

To answer this we need to know your distribution and your current way of
getting sawfish running.  Is it running as the WM for gnome, or are you
running plain X.  How do you start X?  Do you log in from xdm/gdm/kdm,
or do you execute "startx" after logging in?  Do you have a customized
.xinitrc, .Xsession, or .Xclient or do you just use the factory
defaults?

Michael