[ale] [OT] Interesting Take on MS Programming Tools

Greg runman at telocity.com
Wed Nov 27 17:11:02 EST 2002

I think that perhaps it is not Access that MS is worried about but something
called MSDE - Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine which is a specialized version of
their SQL 2000 Server.  It is totally compatible with SQL Server and is free
with any of the .NET products.  It comes with the .NET Framework SDK in
fact.  Considering that it is a mini-SQL Server, perhaps this is what the
EULA is talking about with regards to their "desktop data engine" ??  It
would make more sense, as it is no longer little bitty Access we are talking
about but their main server engine.  Dunno, just a thought.

Greg Canter