[ale] parental crisis

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 26 13:35:50 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 09:23:32PM -0500 James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> I'm having a parental crisis. I need a quick and easy way to block email
> to and from a particular address. I of course own the email server
> (sendmail, stock config with RH8.0).
>
> Pointers, exact code changes, etc. are welcome.

Hmmm.  Does the user (son, daughter?) you're trying to restrict
have access to other clients as well, say IRC or IM?  If so, I
wonder if email filtering alone will do it?  Maybe you could put
a sniffer on one of the router boxes and just log everything to
and from that user?  But then he/she could use a computer
somewhere else I guess.  Personally, I think I'd try to go the
log route so I could at least keep on top of what Junior(ette?)
was up to...

Parent on!  :-)

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net
In like a dimwit, out like a light.