[ale] [OT] Interesting Take on MS Programming Tools

Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} JEROME.DENNANY at ROCHE.COM
Tue Nov 26 11:07:03 EST 2002

I understand your point, and don't disagree with it, though it didn't answer my question.

I was wondering about Jonathan's response, since he's the one that brought the subject up, though.

Jerry Dennany

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey [mailto:esoteric at 3times25.net]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 10:57 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] [OT] Interesting Take on MS Programming Tools

Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} wrote:
 > Besides the company that manufactures VS.NET, could you tell me what
 > you actually dislike about the tool itself?

That's enough reason not to use the product.  I don't care how good it
may be, every and all efforts by Microsoft are in the end, directed at
expanding their illegal monopoly.  This is the reason you should not use
their products.

You may well like this tool now, but in one way or another it's going to
lock you into their world.  Give me a call in a couple of years and tell
me I'm wrong.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net