[ale] k7s5a motherboard... were good

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Nov 14 15:34:33 EST 2002

I did take a quick break to go out and purchase a new fan for my athlon
cpu.  I picked up a dragon orb fan as It had gotten good reviews and it
was available at a close shop.

Anyway, my quiescent temperature is 40-41C and after testing with a
couple of good healthy compiles, it's maxed out at 46C.  That's not bad
considering there's an overall drop of 5-8C between the two.  I'm quite
pleased and my cpu temp never get's close to the 50C ECS indicated was
the max for this motherboard.

The downside is that this box is really loud since I've added another
case fan and changed out the cpu fan.  I'm thinking I might be able to
remove the added case fan, but that would require work...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net