[ale] SOLVED: Re: [ale] OpenOrifice and Gnome

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 12 13:37:01 EST 2002

For the archives:

In order for Gnome to use OpenOffice as a document handler,

(1) The dirctory containing the user's local "soffice" script,
typically ~/OpenOffice<version>/, must be on the PATH - even if
you start soffice using the complete path to the soffice script.

(2) The given path must be absolute! Do not use the ~ abbreviation
for "my home dir", Gnome apparently doesn't grok that.

Cheers,

-- Joe