[ale] Bangalore Bill

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Tue Nov 12 10:53:31 EST 2002

In my experience, most CS degreed indians are already pretty M4
brainwashed in the first place.  The exception (in my experience, and
mine alone) are Indian nationals that spent time in American
universities. I am however strategicly skeptical of what Bill is doing
here, but, on the whole, I don't think it matters _that_ much.  With the
volume of cheap, educated labor in India and the former Soviet Union,
outsourcing is here to stay. It's a fact of life your just going to have
to navigate your career around.

Learn to speak Russian, or Bengali, or something useful, get some
management skills, and be a liason, or, gain the skills to be in
business analisys..  Or, just leave the industry entirely.  Wage
deflation isn't going to stop anytime soon in our sector (I hate to be
the doom and gloom sayer but, there it is).  Without some sort of
massive government intervention, i.e. Revoking H1b's, instituting policy
much like Australia to force companies to hire from within our borders,
etc..  your not going to see the 100k plus salaries again.  With
controls like that in place, business will just plain move elsewhere.
That is the nature of industry, to enhance margins.

Being a real capitalist means you can't complain about someone pissing
in your cheerios..  A real capitalist just adjusts to the changing
market and moves on.

-G.

Hence why I'm seriously considering changing my major to pre-law.