[ale] NOVEMBER MEETING (CENTRAL)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Nov 11 18:18:16 EST 2002

For starters I need to announce for everyone that  Michael Hirsch and I
are the newest victims of ALE's anarchist organizational structure as we
have jointly accepted the duties of ALE Meeting Moderator starting this
month. With twice as many people we figure we can do at least half the
job that Larry Grenevitch has been doing for the group.  For about a year
now Larry and Harold Beiber have quietly kept the monthly meetings
running with minimal bumps and spins, but the demands of Larry's new job
have led him to burn someone else with... err... PASS the torch to
someone else. Fortunately Harold is still with the program and keeping
the doors to the Emory meeting facility open for all of us.

The November meeting of ALE (Central) is on schedule for this coming
Thursday, Nov. 14 at 7:30 pm to ~9:30 pm at the Emory University Law
School building. (See www.ale.org for detailed directions.)

The Main Event for this month is...
-----
  Running Linux Despite Windows:
    Making M$ systems useful
    with TightVNC and Cygwin

  A free per view LinuxMania® grudge match featuring the
  ALE tag team of Larry Grenevitch and Dennis Boylan.
  The dangerous duo will be showing how to wrestle the Blue
  Screen of Death into Linux submission with TightVNC and
  Cygwin. Upgrade your M$ systems into X-GUI Terminals
  which can access and run all your useful Linux applications!
-----
Plus, in the (newly added) "Tip Jar" segment this month:

  Charles Schapiro will be showing us how easy it is to be a 25th
  century Buck Rogers by heroically tweaking collaborative web
  pages with TWIKI. Plus, if we stay anchored for that part, he
  may also regale us with some tall tales of programming on the
  high "C" from his recent adventure on the Linux Lunacy Cruise.
-----

   We will hope to see all of you there!
(: Or we will hunt you down and taunt you a second time :)

peace
Aaron Ruscetta,
Associate ALE Meeting Moderator