[ale] chance to talk with Johnny Isakson('s staff)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Mon Nov 11 00:39:52 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 22:14, Cade Thacker wrote:
> I have a close friend of the family(a very well respect Judge in Cobb
> County)  that is a pretty good friend of Johnny Isakson. I mentioned to
> her some of my complaints with how poorly things are going for
> freethinking tech people, and she said that if she wanted me too, she
> would be happy to try and set up a meeting in the first of the year. I
> probably would not talk to Johnny directly but instead with a staffer.
>
> So my question is:
> Is it worth it?

I think it would *definitely* be worth it.  Besides, you don't *know*
that it won't be Johnny.

> Have these guys already made up their minds?

Perhaps, but if it is sensed that you are one of many like-minded people
and if you are diplomatic but forceful and have some clear goals (see
below), then who knows?

> What would be the area where you all think I can make the most impression?
> (start with a smaller battle?)

Show him or his lackey this:
http://www.vote-smart.org/vote-smart/profile.phtml?ID=BGA10376&dtype=I&state=GA&style=
This site says that he has repeatedly refused to respond to the National
Political Awareness Test.  Press him on immigration question D:
"Increase the immigration quota for computer scientists and other
information technology workers."  Look at http://www.h1b.info/ first.
Tell him that American IT workers are being displaced by H-1Bs right
here in Atlanta and suggest that the companies that are doing it need to
be investigated with respect to compliance with the law.  Further, ask
for a position on HR 3222 (see
http://www.optimizemag.com/issue/004/pr_squareoff_no.fhtml).

> Should I just the eff some money and forget about it? ;)

Hey, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity like this!!  Need some backup?

- Jeff