[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Nov 8 13:15:00 EST 2002

I like how they rate limit you to a certain bandwidth (640down 128up for
example) and then adding more computers which share the same limited
bandwidth is stealing bandwithd... NICE...

Thus spake Pete Hardie (pete.hardie at sciatl.com):

> Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:15:09 -0500
> From: Pete Hardie <pete.hardie at sciatl.com>
> To: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
> CC: ALE <ale at ale.org>
> Subject: Re: [ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL
>
> Geoffrey wrote:
> >They told me it was to cover the additional bandwidth. They also told me
> >that if I connected more then one computer via my own solution, that it
> >was stealing services.
>
> So by that logic, I should be able to use the 'standard' bandwidth amount
> on one computer 24x7, right? Feh.
>

> --
> Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
>     posting from, but not     |
> 	speaking for:             |
> Scientific Atlanta, Digital Video Services Group
>

>     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
> confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The
> information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
> responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the
> intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print,
> retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
>
> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI: