[ale] Alternatives to Qt - thoughts and opinions

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Nov 8 07:37:27 EST 2002

Guys,

Recently acquired a project to develop a C++ gui for both Windows and
Linux.  I'd really like to use Qt for this, but the Enterprise license is
out of the company's price range.

Looking for suggestions for alternatives and your experiences/caveats.
I'm aware of wxWindows, but usually hear about it in a negative context.
Anyone on the list used it, and what did you like/not like?  Is it ready
for production applications?

What other cross-platform gui libraries exist?

Thanks,

John