[ale] Printer Error

Bill Pleasants Bill_Pleasants at pghmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:00:32 EST 2002

Hello, Scott.
On returning to my printer problem, I noticed I hadn't replied to this message.
 There is a
/var/spool/lpd/print folder with 7 items.  When I tried to use help to learn how to change the permission so I could attach these, the computer went out of control with the HD light on.  While I'm working on that, I thought I'd send the printcap file.  I would appreciate any further thought you give to this.

Bill

       Scott Thomas Sandholm wrote:

 cite="mid20021017011146.A3169 at minitower.gtri.gatech.edu">
  Howdy

It's not a network printer.
It's hooked up to your parallel port or lpt1.
You should NOT need a qaud.
It's NOT makeing any $0.01
What's does /etc/printcap look like?
What are the spool directories (ie /var/spool/lpd) and
waht's in them?

sts

PS - I think this is all a red harring :-(