[ale] Gtk-Perl

Eric Anderson eric.anderson at cordata.net
Thu Nov 7 16:47:36 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 15:29, Geoffrey wrote:
> syntax?  Now Java has got some screwy syntax.
>
> tf.setText(TestUtil.comma_string((retHash.get((String)tf.fieldName).toString())));

I think every language can end up screwy with enough time. My favorite
Perl line I saw the other day:

my $state = !$#_ ? 0 : $_[1] ? 1 : 0;

Saw this in Class::Contract on CPAN. Obviously the obfuscated code
contests have this beat, but this is in production code that is meant to
be maintained. :)

Of course if you want to see hard to read check out the Acme::Bleach
module on CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/src/DCONWAY/Acme-Bleach-1.12/lib/Acme/Bleach.pm

fortunately, it is a joke module.

--