[ale] Linux Kernel Change Control + CVS

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Thu Nov 7 09:57:32 EST 2002

I read where some time ago Linus stopped using CVS for Linux kernel
development and started using a commercial version control system. Does
anyone know the name of the software? If I remember correctly, one of the
reasons Linus did this was because this other software does not store code
in a central repository but distributes it amongst users. Why is CVS not
good for Linux development? Can anyone elaborate on Linus' point? What's so
bad about a central repository and CVS?

Thank you,
Mike