[ale] [Fwd: Re: Vote Today - Message from Marie

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Nov 5 12:49:38 EST 2002

attriel wrote:
> (reply ... reply to all ... one of those buttons ... bah)
>

>>People are
>>used to having a set of options, selecting one, changing their mind and
>
> selecting another.  As others' noted, think radio button.  That solution
>
>> is certainly more prevelant then any 'push me again, if you made a
>>mistake.'
>

> Actually, the 'go back to the mistake' is how everything with a pencil
> works.  You fill in the wrong bubble, you have to go back to the wrong
> bubble and do something before you can choose a new bubble.  Well, if you
> want it to be meaningful anyway.

yeah, but the reason you move to new technology is because the old is
not the most efficient way to do it.

> OTOH, I moved at the beginning of hte summer, and this county in MD uses
> pens :o
>
> Candidate A      <-  --
>
> Candidate B      <-  --

I don't know, in Louisiana, (where you get the BEST politicians money
can buy), I liked the old ancient mechanical voting machines.  Where you
pulled the little red levers down and you could 'feel' your vote. :)
Then you'd have to pull the long handle at the bottom which would
register your vote and clear all your selections.  Man, that thing took
two hands.  I'll bet there are some strong old ladies back in old LA. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net