[ale] Microsoft wins again

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Sat Nov 2 08:55:43 EST 2002

Here are some figures I put together a few weeks ago. Given M$'s $40 billion
cash reserves, the trial was probably a drop in a bucket.

Employees
====================
M$: 50,000
IBM: 300,000

3Q2002 Revenue
====================
M$: $7.7 billion
IBM: $19.8 billion

3Q2002 Operating Income (profit)
====================
M$: $3.3 billion (I don't know where the $4 billion # below comes from. I
got this off the M$ site.)
IBM: $1.7 billion

Cash on balance sheets
M$: $40 billion