[ale] mandrake

Brian B. brianb_ale at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 17:47:28 EST 2002

I also had a problem configuring X with mandrake 8.2
with my inspiron laptop. I used xf86config to no avail
and tried couple of things too. To have it working, I
used xf86cfg -textmode and deleted the entries there
and reconfigured the settings. Save the settings and
exit. I then ran XFdrakex and answered yes to the
prompts and exit (for some weird reason, I had to run
this. Else won't work.) Reboot and hopefully
everything
works.. Hope this helps..

Brian