[ale] VNC and Mandrake 8.2

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sat Mar 30 02:11:26 EST 2002

Jeb Barger wrote:

> I am a real n00b, I just installed Mandrake 8.2 with the KDE desktop.
>  Anyway, how do I configure VNC to start automatically on boot up?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jeb W Barger

   Look in /etc/rc.d/init.d (valid place in RH7.2, might be a little diff in mdrk)
   There you will find a lot of startup scripts.  Use these for EXAMPLES.
   Take one, a short simple one, and copy it to a new name (maybe "vncserver"?) and modify it run vnc.
   Create start/kill links under /etc/rc.d/rc[35].d pointing to your new script.

   for docs, try the man pages for init, rc, init.d, runlevel, initscrit, or inittab.  Also see the contents of the /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc file.
--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith