[ale] Bleeding edge linux?

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 11:40:25 EST 2002

im using gentoo which does the same, if im right (i
know it compiles it optimized for your machine) it
compiles it optimized but barely optimized. it
compiles it in a c code form still, true just as a os
alone the performance may go unnoticed but if it coes
from a clutterd c code (usable on various processors
even after optimized) to a small assembly code size,
well the hard drive space saved plus on servers under
load i think it would shine nicely :) but running it
under a 1ghz with just a user desktop.. no it wouldnt
help not much. im tempted to try it though, however i
would need folowers due to my lack of skill and time i
would not be able to take this task on alone. and
seeing how it would only be a compiler, all programs
made for linux should work. good idea or bad idea?