[ale] looking for cable modem

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 29 11:28:59 EST 2002

Andy,

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 11:09, Zyman, Andy wrote:
> I'm looking for nice cable modem. I don't think that buying one "as is" for
> $40 from Cablevision and sitting with them one 1 year agreement is a good
> deal, so I'm on the market.

	I bought a Motorola from Circuit City, several months ago, and have
been very happy with it.  While I can't always recommend Circuit City,
they *did* have a couple of rebates going on (then).  The modem was
around $100, I think, and the rebate was for around $50, so that's
pretty sweet.  I also purchased the "box-o-air" for the AT&T Broadband
which contained a CD with the Winders software, and several $10 off
coupons for the monthly Broadband charge.  So, all in all, the modem
only cost me my time.

> also I'm looking to wireless ones. Do You have opinions about them?

	Uh, wireless cable modems?  I don't know.  I *do* have a Linksys
wireless access point, and it allows me to roam about the house with my
notebook freely.  Well almost freely.  Don't try hacking in bed.  The
spousal units become quite miffed ;-).

Danny