[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Mar 28 15:32:42 EST 2002

I am not gonna argue about this - I am far from knowledgeable in this area, but everything you said flies straight into the face of the info I posted, which purports to be factual info on the technology that is used as we speak - again:

"More technically, communication satellites being used to provide broadband Internet access are commonly Geostationary Orbit (GSO) or Low Earth Orbit (LEO) orbiting at 22,300 m and less than 1000 miles respectively, as well as Middle Earth Orbit (MEO) satellites .  Satellite signals are currently limited to the operating in the C band (6GHz (uplink) and 4GHz (downlink), in the Ku band (14/12 GHz) and the Ka band (30/20 GHz)."

So, as you see, they *are* operating in the high freq ranges - DirectWay operates in the KU band, which, according to this, is 14/12 GHZ.

Regardless, like I said, I'm not arguing about it.

charles