[ale] sylogd not playing nice

Ned Williams nwilliams at interland.com
Thu Mar 28 13:58:38 EST 2002

Nothing is firewalled, traroute -p 514 gets to the syslog server, events
from other devices get to the syslog server, tcpdump shows the connection
from the syslog client node to the syslog server node, but the events dont
get to /var/log/messages and before anyone ask no other logs are setup
except var/log/mail

Ned