[ale] aq4alemail

Scott Sandholm ss27 at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 26 17:17:46 EST 2002

Howdy

I dropped an AHA-2940 SCSI controller into one of my Linux
boxen so that I could add a CD burner.  I can put a disk in
the drive and I can mount it (ie the drive shows up in
/proc/scsi/scsi) so the ismod aic7xxx is working fine - I
think.  But when I "cdrecord -scanbus" it does not show up
and I can NOT burn disks.  "cdrecord -scanbus" does show the
scsi hard drive I put in for scratch work area but does
NOT show the zip drive.  I can mount zip disks and the zip
drive does show up in /proc/scsi/scsi.  What do I do next?

sts
--
Please Do Not Break Gravity Waves --- it's known to cause turbulence