[ale] PowerPoint readers/xlators?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Mar 26 07:00:51 EST 2002

Take a look at the Crossover plugin from Codeweavers as well
(http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/download_demo.php)

It's a browser plugin that uses wine to support plugins that aren't
available for linux (quicktime, etc.).  It supports the standard powerpoint
viewer by default from the pluginsetup panel. It works great on my machine.
The actual app is $24.95, but you can use the demo and put up with the
occasional annoying popup message.  If you do decide to purchase it, you're
indirectly supporting wine development...in my book a good thing.

John