[ale] OT: How fast is your connection, and how much do you pay?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Mar 26 10:09:08 EST 2002

Couldn't find anything on the wattage, but, from another document off of google...

More technically, communication satellites being used to provide broadband Internet access are commonly Geostationary Orbit (GSO) or Low Earth Orbit (LEO) orbiting at 22,300 m and less than 1000 miles respectively, as well as Middle Earth Orbit (MEO) satellites .  Satellite signals are currently limited to the operating in the C band (6GHz (uplink) and 4GHz (downlink), in the Ku band (14/12 GHz) and the Ka band (30/20 GHz).

I believe that the wattage is very small - a friend of mine has one, and I seem to remember reading something somewhere about his, and thinking that it was really small.  I guess it is the high freq that makes it usable.

Charles